"Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive...then go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
Howard Thurman

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fun Sunday

The plan was to attend a meeting at Wyclef Jean's (Yele Haiti) on Sunday morning and then meet friends to watch the World Cup final game in the afternoon. When I heard Yele was hosting 54 kids from an orphanage they work with and the kids had been practicing singing "We are the World" in English to perform for Wyclef and Black Alex I decided that was the better option for the day!  They were able to perform it on both Anderson Cooper (CNN) and Al Jazeera.  They were very good and super cute - I think they had a really fun day, too.  They said they were so excited the night before that nobody slept.  My days of events and promotions came rushing back as I helped to line them up to put their t-shirts on, get them fed and watered and ready for prime time!

No comments:

Post a Comment